Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I Heart Design

Two years ago God unexpectedly reached into my life and changed my world. Among those changes was my future career path. You see, as I left home for college four years ago, I thought I had my life completely planned out. I was and always have been moved by the arts, and therefore it made perfect sense I would declare my major Interior Design. Growing up, I was always redecorating and rearranging my room to fit my current mood, and I couldn't wait to spend my life doing it for other people. Little did I know I would eventually change my major to nursing and follow in the footsteps of my mom and sister. And while my heart for nursing grows bigger everyday, my passion for design still burns deep inside. My humble little Arizona apartment has now become the canvas on which I paint. My home is filled with things that inspire me, colors that brighten my soul, warmth that emanates to all who enter, and a crazy ecclection of nic-knacks that each tell their own beautiful story. My apartment is much like me in that it is forever changing and morphing into something new- but it will always remain the place that makes me feel "at home" in the chaotic world I live.
Here are a few pictures of rooms that move and inspire me....







No comments: