Sunday, August 30, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Thursday, August 20, 2009
"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?'
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Friday, August 14, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
2 Peter 1:3-8
His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
- Obsessed with reading new books. Like C.S Lewis's "Screwtape Letters". Which I love!
- Have decided not to cut my hair for the next year and a half.
- I no longer shop anything but thrift stores (which totally rocks by the way)
- I spend only one hour getting ready in the morning. Low maintenance is my new goal.
- I dont shower everyday... which is a little gross and totally not a new occurrence in my life, but hey it counts if I say it does.
- And last but not least, I'm ridding myself of anything that seeks to complicate my life
So there you have it ladies and gentlemen, this blog post has officially succeeded in making very little sense.... welcome to my brain. Scary isn't it??
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Monday, August 3, 2009
- Took a road trip to San Diego with my friend Elise
- Spent some time relaxing on the beach and in my favorite Cafe.... where I saw the cutest boy two days in a row. Lots of eye contact flirting. No speaking. Story of my life.
- Went downtown San Diego for girls night at the Shout House, a crazy fun dueling piano bar, where I had the time of my life laughing, drinking cocktails, and singing songs at the top of my lungs.
- Totally crushed on cute piano playing guy. And cute piano guy (AKA: Joshua) even came up to our table to talk to me after his set. I can't remember a thing he said. All I heard was my hearting beating out of my chest. But I did get a picture with him...
- Went to the best Irish Pub and drank a glass of Guinness with Elise. Two sips in, Elise broke out in an allergic reaction to some medication she had taken and her eyes swelled up to the size of golf balls. So we went home. But laughed the whole way.
- Made the decision to go one whole year without buying clothing that does NOT come from a thrift shop. I'll explain more in an upcoming blog. But I'm totally excited about this new challenge.
- And last by not least, I've created a new list of books I want to read and finish in the next year....
- Ruby Slippers by Jonalyn Fincher
- Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
- Lost Women of the Bible by Carolyn James
- Authentic Beauty by Leslie Ludy
-The Irresistible Revolution: Living as an Ordinary Radical by Shane Claiborne
And of course, I cant have a blog without a few pictures, so here are some shots of girls night out in San Diego...