Thursday, April 30, 2009
- No no we dont throw toys at people
- Be nice to the puppy James
- No we're not watching TV today
- Yucky! Dont touch that!
- Sit on your bottom please
- Would you like to sit in timeout??
- Time to clean up
- Do you need to use the potty?
- You want more milk?
- Use your words please
Nanny + 2 children under the age of 5 = Preparation for "mommy-hood"
Friday, April 24, 2009
Nothing too drastic of course, just a little red and dark brown to give an all around warmer and fun flare. I tried to take some pictures of it, but unfortunately the red is hard to see in artificial light... sunlight is much better.
It definitely doesnt look nearly as pretty as it does in person, but regardless I couldnt be more thrilled with the results. It was a little pick me up that was very much needed.
Shout out to Kathey my hair dresser!! Your awesome girl!
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Anyway, here are some pictures to enjoy of my clean and humble abode :-)
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
- Plant some flowers or do some gardening
- Recycle any plastic bottles, soda cans, or other recyclable materials you may have
- Do your grocery shopping with your own eco friendly shopping bag
- Take shorter showers
- Use energy saving light bulbs
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth
- Use less napkins and paper towels
- And for those shopaholics out there... go to your nearest Payless and buy a new pair of stylish and eco friendly shoes by Zoe&Zac (all under $30!)Arent they just adorable???
Anyway, hope those suggestions gave you a few ideas of small ways you can improve our planet everyday.
Ok now on to bigger and better news.... *drum roll please*..... My Anatomy test if FINALLY OVER!!! Can I get a "woot woot"?!?
In celebration of such an event, I treated myself to some quality "me time". After two weeks of putting my workout routine on hold to study, I finally returned to it today. Its safe to say my trainer Nicole made up for the missed workouts by kicking my butt extra hard. We're talkin running up two flights of cement stairs over 30 times, not to mention dozens of sit ups, push ups, and squats. Ouch my butt is gonna kill tomorrow.
After some serious sweating I figured if I'm gonna work my butt off to get in shape I might as well tan this pasty white butt as well... so off to the pool I headed. As my sister can attest, my laying out skills are seriously lacking. After about an hour in the sun I become so hot and sticky I simply crave shade and a nice glass of ice water. But hey at least I got some sun right??
Goodbye white flabby body.... hello tan toned Arizona girl! :-)
To top off the day, I got a call from my boss who gave me some good news/bad news.
Good News: I dont have to work tomorrow!!
Bad News: James has severe tonsillitis and is battling a high fever and a whole lot of pain :-(
Please be in prayer these next few days for my little pumpkin! Pray the Lord heals his inflamed tonsils quickly preventing any kind of surgery needed to remove them. Also pray that the Lord would comfort him while he's feeling sick and miserable.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
It was wonderful to see the love even a four year old can have for a child who is sick. Sometimes the greatest blessings come from the deepest pain.
On a lighter note, as I continued on with my busy afternoon of doing laundry, washing dishes, picking up toys, and yes watching Oprah, I quickly placed James in his highchair for lunch, failing to notice the look of exhaustion on his face. A few minuets later I turned around to check on him and saw this....
What a little sweetie! Poor guys was so pooped out he couldnt even eat.
I just love my job!! :-)
Monday, April 20, 2009
- I am NOT currently wearing the same thing I wore all day yesterday and slept in last night.
- I did NOT spend four hours studying (cramming actually) this morning right before my anatomy practical.
- I did NOT later find out that I managed to pull of an A+ on the practical :-)
- My left flip flop did NOT break while at school today, forcing me to walk around with only one shoe on all morning.... how embarrassing!
- I am NOT making my life more complicated by talking with my ex boyfriend on the phone everyday
- I am NOT thinking I'm totally crazy for moving to Arizona when I can hardly stand the 89 degree weather today.
- I do NOT have a sink full of dishes and a laundry basket full of dirty clothes that I continue to walk past and ignore.
- I am NOT totally and utterly stressed out for part two of my Anatomy exam on Wednesday
- I am NOT planning on stealing food out of my parents refrigerator later today.
10. I am NOT wasting my afternoon catching up on all the blogs I follow.
What are you NOT doing today???
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
Sunday, April 12, 2009
This morning we all woke the kids up and had our traditional Easter egg and Easter Basket hunt. This was Tyler's 1st Easter in which he really understood what was going on, and watching him run around finding eggs and baskets was hilarious!
Saturday, April 11, 2009
The dining room... oh and my weird brother in law John (what a goof!)
My sister playing Vana White in my Laundry room (ITS HUGE!!)
Here is one angle of the guest bathroom
The shower/tub in the guest bathroom
The guest room
My bedroom (the master bedroom)
Another angle of my bedroom
Here is the little hall to my bathroom inside my master suit :-)
Different angle of master bath
A girls favorite part of her home.... the walk in closet!! this closet was massive, but its hard to tell because I wasn't able to get the entire width from the angle I was standing. Regardless the closet is easily 3x bigger than what I have now :-) YAY!
Friday, April 10, 2009
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
- I did NOT get up this morning and down multiple cups of coffee just to keep my eyes open long enough to shower and put a little make-up on.
- I did NOT blast the sound tract to Chicago in my car on my way to work and mouth every word to every song.
- I did NOT forget to turn the gas on when putting the wet clean clothes in the dryer, only to find sopping wet clothes spinning round and round in a heatless dryer.
- I did NOT let the kids entertain themselves today with kitchen pans while I scurried to finish my homework for my class tonight.
- I did NOT say "SHHH" about a million times to the kids this afternoon
- I did NOT find little James wandering the back yard completely naked... no diaper or anything.
- I did NOT wipe multiple poopy butts today... yucks thats just gross.
- I did NOT use the sentence, "We dont eat our boogies"
- I did NOT eat the kids lunch of tater-tots and left over pizza after they refused to.
- I did NOT have my sister write me up my first resume simply because I had no idea what one even looked like, let alone knew how to write one myself.
- I do NOT consider watching The Real Housewives of New York tonight with a glass of wine the highlight of my day.
I guess its yet another sign I was meant to live in Arizona :-)
As my sister would say.... "Go where I grow" (hee hee inside joke between sisters)
Monday, April 6, 2009
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Finally at the end of the night we got a pic of all three of us together.... note my tired eyes and lack of make-up... I look oh so lovely
Picture of our table at the end of the night... MESSY! oh and note the first aid kit on the back left hand corner. I cut my finger with a knife while trying to open something (OUCH!)
Over all it was a wonderful night that we all have decided will now be our new tradition. Even though I'll be moving to Arizona, I know we'll all still get together for "Girls Night" a couple times a year. I will truly miss these girls dearly when I leave :-(
I love you Becca and Lauren! Thanks for coming!