Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Yarn, coffee, and a good book- doesn't get much better!
Monday, June 21, 2010
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Monday, June 14, 2010
- Drinking tea in bed until my heart is content to start the day
2. Kipi- my new favorite artist from Brooklyn. Her whimsical graffiti like paintings are always done on pages of old used books... what an inspiration.
3. Oscar Wilde's "The Picture of Dorian Gray"- I couldn't be more in love or more haunted by this work of genius if I tried.
Sunday, June 13, 2010
- I'm living a more "green" life by buying used.
- I'm purchasing something that has its own unique history- and nothing can put a price on that.
- Its not like I'm spending money on frivolous items, books last forever are sources of great knowledge and personal growth.
- Only used books contain fun inscriptions written by past owners.
- And finally.... because they look prettier on my book shelf than anything you could ever buy at Barns and Noble.
After a wonderful Saturday afternoon, my two girlfriends and I wandered into The Book Tree here in Scottsdale, and had a brief look around. Our intentions were to take a quick browse and nothing more- but of course nothing could have been farther from the truth. After only 20 minutes inside, I walked away with four beautiful new treasures. And what exactly did I find you ask??
Two beautifully old Oscar Wilde books ("The Picture of Dorian Gray" and "The Importance of Being Earnest")
One 1945 edition of John Steinbeck's "The Pearl"
And a sweet children's book of poetry called "Is Somewhere Always Far Away?"
I'm so excited to start my new stack of reading material... I just love the way books beckon to be read- its poetic.
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Friday, June 11, 2010
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Friday, June 4, 2010
Thursday, June 3, 2010
I sometimes plead with the Lord to make me different- to change my habits, tendencies, quirks, and physical well being... but guess what? He seems to always reply with a resounding NO. I'm starting to get the feeling God doesn't want to change me or my messy surroundings, but rather He desires for me to find peace within the mess. He wants me to find "Emily" amidst the chaos life throws my way. And He wants me to somehow look beyond my circumstances and into His heart.
So to all my fellow "Pig Pen's" out there- together lets learn to love our messiness and find peace at our core.