Sunday, January 31, 2010


"My Dearest Girl,
I must write you a line or two and see if that will assist in dismissing you from my mind for ever so short a time. Upon my soul I can think of nothing else. The time has passed when I had the power to advise and warn you against the unpromising morning of my life. My love has made me selfish. I cannot exist without you. I am forgetful of everything but seeing you again- my life seems to stop there- I see no further. You have absorb'd me. I have a sensation at the present moment as though I was dissolving - I should be exquisitely miserable without the hope of soon seeing you. You have ravished me by a power I cannot resist. I cannot breathe without you. You are to me an object intensely desirable - the air I breathe in a room empty of you is unhealthy..."
~ John Keats (in a letter to Fanny Brawne- the love of his life)

No comments: