Saturday, November 8, 2008

Procrastination is My Middle Name


YAY what a productive day I've had! I just love those days when everything on your "to do" list gets accomplished. My family could attest that although I love having a clean apartment, I absolutely hate to clean. I usually put "clean apt" on the very top of my list of things to do everyday, but it somehow always falls to the bottom of the list and inevitably makes its way onto the next days list instead. Before I know it, a month has gone by and my apartment remains untouched (yuck!). Sometimes I wish there was a little cleaning fairy that could just follow me around all day.... unfortunately I live in the real world where there is no such thing. Anyway, I woke up this morning and told myself that my day to clean had finally come. The longer I put it off, the messier it will get. So I got down to business. It wasn't easy and it certainly wasn't fun, but as I sit here typing on my computer surrounded by a spotless and clean smelling apartment, I feel as if a weight has been lifted... I can finally breath again. To top it off, I even had extra time to do a little grocery shopping and pick up some hors d'oeuvres for tonight. Being the wonderful daughter that I am ;-) I invited my parents over to my place this evening for some wine, cheese and crackers, and of course my family's favorite... olive tampenade! Yep all in all today has been quite the productive day, and I couldn't feel better. Its funny how something so simple can make you feel as if all is right with the world again.

No comments: