Monday, August 3, 2009

Catch Up

It seems I always have so much to blog, and yet so little time to do so. In an attempt to bring you up to speed on the recent happenings in my life, here is a compilation of my life as of lately....
  1. Took a road trip to San Diego with my friend Elise

  2. Spent some time relaxing on the beach and in my favorite Cafe.... where I saw the cutest boy two days in a row. Lots of eye contact flirting. No speaking. Story of my life.

  3. Went downtown San Diego for girls night at the Shout House, a crazy fun dueling piano bar, where I had the time of my life laughing, drinking cocktails, and singing songs at the top of my lungs.

  4. Totally crushed on cute piano playing guy. And cute piano guy (AKA: Joshua) even came up to our table to talk to me after his set. I can't remember a thing he said. All I heard was my hearting beating out of my chest. But I did get a picture with him...

  5. Went to the best Irish Pub and drank a glass of Guinness with Elise. Two sips in, Elise broke out in an allergic reaction to some medication she had taken and her eyes swelled up to the size of golf balls. So we went home. But laughed the whole way.

  6. Made the decision to go one whole year without buying clothing that does NOT come from a thrift shop. I'll explain more in an upcoming blog. But I'm totally excited about this new challenge.

  7. And last by not least, I've created a new list of books I want to read and finish in the next year....

    - Ruby Slippers by Jonalyn Fincher

- Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis

- Lost Women of the Bible by Carolyn James

- Authentic Beauty by Leslie Ludy

-The Irresistible Revolution: Living as an Ordinary Radical by Shane Claiborne

And of course, I cant have a blog without a few pictures, so here are some shots of girls night out in San Diego...


In the cab on the way downtown!



Elise at the Shout House


Me at the Shout House


Cute Piano Guy playing and singing.... gotta love it!

Me and Elise with cute piano guy. I look WAY too excited in this photo.

No comments: