Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Bunch of Scary Nonsense in my Brain

After a long weekend and a non-stop busy day, I felt in the mood for some much needed quality blogging time. So here I sit, on my couch in my lovely yet messy apartment, exhausted and trying to catch my breath. I have no plan for this blog post. Nothing I'm writing is thought out or cohesive in any way, but I'm determined to write none the less, so bear with me.
Because I know most of you are probably curious as to the details of my last blog, I feel you should know up front, I'm not quite ready to address my mother's health issues on my blog at this time, but please continue to join my family in prayer as we rally around her in support and love. Thank you.
In other news, I'm on a new mission. A mission of self transformation. I actually have no idea what the heck this means.... but I know I want it, and thats good enough for me. Over the last few weeks the Lord has burdened my heart and relentlessly pursued me for reasons unknown. But I'm ready. I'm saying goodbye to all my bad habits, closed minded thinking, discontented living, and crowd following ways. I'm moving forward in a quest to question everything I know. I want to stretch my mind, open my heart, and let the Lord search my soul. I have no clue as to how I will attempt this journey- except for the fact that I am now....

  1. Obsessed with reading new books. Like C.S Lewis's "Screwtape Letters". Which I love!

  2. Have decided not to cut my hair for the next year and a half.

  3. I no longer shop anything but thrift stores (which totally rocks by the way)

  4. I spend only one hour getting ready in the morning. Low maintenance is my new goal.

  5. I dont shower everyday... which is a little gross and totally not a new occurrence in my life, but hey it counts if I say it does.

  6. And last but not least, I'm ridding myself of anything that seeks to complicate my life

So there you have it ladies and gentlemen, this blog post has officially succeeded in making very little sense.... welcome to my brain. Scary isn't it??

No comments: