Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Broken

Sometimes I wonder why God allows us to live in a world filled with pain, heartache, and seemingly unending trials. Some days I wake up and simply ache to go home. I know God put me on this earth for a purpose, and I'm content to stay here until He deems me ready to return to Heaven, but I truly cannot wait until the moment I am freed from this body, this mind, and this world. As most of you already know, for the past two+ years I've battled an unwelcome autoimmune disease which seems to do nothing more than wreak havoc on my body. Its painful, exhausting, unpredictable, and emotionally draining. But even through all the pain I endure or will ever have to endure- I know there is purpose. My tattoo reminds me once again that I am "Fearfully and wonderfully made". God didn't make any mistakes when He lovingly knit me together, but He did place me in a broken world with a broken body so I might be a light that shines for Him.
I know this video looks long (8min) but please take a few minuets to watch it. This simple video had the power to change my pain, alter my pessimistic view of life, and remind me once again of the great glory of our God.

No comments: