Friday, February 5, 2010

Ahh Love...

I always have been and always will be a romantic at heart. But as I wait patiently for God to bring along my husband, I'm finding myself captivated by the love all around me. I see it in the way my friends treat me, I feel in the way my niece and nephew bear hug me, I read it in John Keat's poetry and in Tolstoy's Anna Karenina, I hear it in some of my favorite pieces of music, I watch it films, and I see it in the old couple holding hands I pass everyday as I leave the gates of my apartment complex.... but most of all I feel in the depths of my soul when the Lord takes hold of my heart and speaks softly to me of his promises and His passionate pursuit of my heart. There is nothing greater than love. I can only promise to strive to love others as Christ loves me- and I will spend my life doing just that.

No comments: