Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Heart At Rest

Alright, I've officially been inspired. As many of you may know, I've become obsessed with the book Captivating. If your a woman and you've never read it, you MUST go out and buy it right away. It's an incredible book and definitely worth the investment. There's so much of the book I wish I could share with you, but since that would take far too much time, I figured I'd share my newest inspiration....

"True beauty comes from the inner part of us. Our hearts. A heart at rest. A woman in her glory, a woman of beauty, is a woman who is not striving to become beautiful or worthy or enough. She knows in her quiet center where God dwells that he finds her beautiful, has deemed her worthy, and in him, she is enough. In fact, the only thing getting in the way of our being fully captivating and enjoyed is our striving....

She exudes a sense of calm, a sense of rest, and invites those around her to rest as well. She speaks comfort; she knows that we live in a world at war, that we have a vicious enemy, and our journey is through a broken world. But she also knows that because of God all is well, that all will be well. A woman of true beauty offers others the grace to be and the room to become. In her presence, we can release the tension and pressure that so often grip our hearts. We can also breath in the truth that God loves us and He is good."


"A heart at rest." Doesn't that sounds peaceful? My new prayer is that God would create in me a heart that is not anxious, not stressed, not insecure; but rather a heart that is completely content and utterly at rest. I want others to feel calm, comfortable, and at home around me. I want my beauty to ooze from the inside out. True beauty points not to the person who exudes it, but instead points to the Lord, drawing others to the beauty and grace of God. How awesome is that? Dont you want others to be drawn to the Lord simply due to the inner beauty that you possess? Just a little food for thought.

No comments: