Sunday, December 7, 2008

Reflections

Today is a sad day... it marks the last day of my six month mentor program "Tandem". I feel so fortunate to have had six wonderful months with my Christian mentor Julie. Julie and I met once a week to catch up, talk about the happenings in our lives, and support each other through prayer. It feels like just yesterday I was about to begin the program, not knowing who God was about to bring into my life or what exactly He had planned for me. I've learned that God knows me far better than I even know myself, for He so wonderfully hand picked the most amazing woman to be my mentor. She has guided me through rough times and celebrated with me in joyful times. She's been a listening ear when I needed to vent, and a wise counsel when I needed advise. No matter what I found myself facing during those 6 months, Julie always lovingly pointed me back to the Lord. She not only dutifully met with me once a week, but she kept me in constant prayer throughout our time together. As a young Christian woman, I cant stress enough the importance of having another Christian woman in your life to mentor you and guide you along life's path. I had no idea just how influential a mentor would be in my life, until I took the leap of faith, made myself vulnerable, and committed my time and heart to my mentor. Even though our time of meeting is up, I know Julie and I will be friends for years to come. God has forever etched a place in my heart for her, and I'm so grateful He did. It has been an amazing journey, and I recommend it to every woman!

Mentor : A wise and trusted guide.


Titus 2:3-5

"Similarly, older women should be reverent in their behavior, not slanderers, not addicted to drink, teaching what is good, so that they may train younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, chaste, good homemakers, under the control of their husbands, so that the word of God may not be discredited."


Hebrews 10:24

“And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”

No comments: