Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bunnies


WOW.... what an utterly exhausting day! I just got back from night class and am so pooped I couldnt even manage to heat myself up some dinner... its simply too much work, too much mess, and too much of a hassle. So instead I've settled for a bag of green jelly beans I got for St. Patricks Day. I guess you could say I ate my greens for dinner :-) Ok ok maybe thats a bit of a stretch, but after a day like this I think I've earned the right to gorge on nothing but sweets and carbs... at least for the evening.

As I drove into my car port around 9:00pm tonight, feeling completely drained and practically in a dase, I couldnt help but not move from my seat once the engine was off. I took a moment to pray, but couldnt even manage to muster the right words, or even articulate what it was I was feeling. Frustrated, I dragged my butt out of the car and began to walk up the walkway to my apartment. It was then I spotted it. Not one but two little grey bunnys munching on grass looking as cute as a button. For those of you who remember the blog I wrote MONTHS ago, I have officially nicknamed one of these bunnies "my bunny friend", and swear that I only see him on nights when I'm stress or have had an awful day. I always take seeing him as God's personal reminder to me of how much He loves me and has His hand on me no matter what. Well, God must have known I needed much more than one silly bunny tonight.... so what did he do? He sent TWO! What a great God we have.

..... Thank you Lord for reminding me once again of your love and faithfulness. I trust completely in you.

As soon as I got to my apartment I ran for my camera and darted out to the balcony to see if the two bunnies were still there, unfortunately one had scurried away, and the other was so far you can barley see him in this picture. He's the tiny grey speck on the concrete slab closest to the palm tree. See it? One day I'll get a good picture of him.... I'm on a mission!

No comments: