Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Farm Fun


I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but it bears repeating. The best role I play in life is that of "Aunt". My niece and nephew simply light up my life with their precious smiles, unending curiosity, hilarious quotes, and unceasing energy. They have a way of keeping me grounded and allowing me to see the world through fresh and innocent eyes. Their world is untainted and beautiful- and I desperately wish I always saw through their unjaded filter.
This past weekend the kids and I took a trip to Old McDonald Farm where we gallivanted around the property going from the petting zoo, to the hay rides, to the pumpkin patch, and of course to the majestic horses. It was an afternoon full of fun and excitement- and I for one felt privileged to have experienced it with them.

No comments: