Thursday, October 1, 2009

Today

Today I'm seeking peace.
Today I'm choosing to guard my heart as God calls me to do.
Today my prayers are filled with an over abundance of questions.
Today I have no answers, no warm fuzzy feelings, or empathy.
No, today I simply realize that God is the only one I cant live without.
His peace sustains me today...
John 16:33 – “I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Romans 5:1-5 – “Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.”

John 14:27 – “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”

Philippians 4:6-7 – “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Colossians 3:15 – “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

Romans 14:19 – “Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.”

Romans 16:20 – “The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.”

Job 21:23 – “Submit to God and be at peace with Him…”

Isaiah 26:12 – “Lord you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us.”

Proverbs 4:23 – “Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flows the spring of life.”

No comments: