Saturday, June 19, 2010

My God is a Comfort


It has been a roller coaster of emotions lately as I've attempted to navigate my way through a difficult season in my life. I've experienced a plethora of highs and lows over these last few months, but through it all the Lord has steadily been teaching me how to find contentment in my soul even when my surroundings feel chaotic and messy.
I would love to say I have found this so-called "contentment"- but that would be a lie. My journey is far from over, my path is far from complete, but my God is close at hand. Each day I desperately cling to God's word, and there I find peace and encouragement beyond comprehension. So for now I will leave you with two scriptures that have tugged at my heart this past week... maybe you too will find it a comfort as well.

Psalm 94:18-19
"Your loving kindness, O Lord, will hold me up. When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, your consolations delight my soul"

Hebrews 6:19
"We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure"

No comments: