Wednesday, September 9, 2009

More of God

What happens when you begin to realize you are more than the clothes you wear, the number on the scale, and the quarks you posses? You see, I'm no longer defined by the money I have or the body shape I've been given. I'm a child of God, and I wear that title proudly. Ever inch of me is imperfect, stained, and flawed in every way- and yet I have much to offer this world. I may not speak eloquently or write impeccably. I may not be the most domestic or well rounded of women. I may burn half the food I cook and shove trash under my couch cushions from time to time, but I have a heart that seeks the Lord. I desire for my life to be a mirror of God's love, grace, kindness, forgiveness, and mercy. I want more. And like always- I wont stop till I get it.
Here is my favorite Statement of Faith made by an anonymous African Pastor...

The die has been cast. The decision has been made. I have stepped over the line. I won.t look
back, let up, slow down, back away or be still.
My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is in God's hands. I am
finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, the bare minimum, smooth
knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, frivolous living, selfish giving, and
dwarfed goals.
I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, applause, or popularity. I
don.t have to be right, first, the best, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live
by faith. I lean on Christ's presence. I love with patience, live by prayer, and labor with the
power of God's grace.
My face is set. My gait is fast, my goal is heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my
companions are few, my Guide is reliable, and my mission is clear.
I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I
will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the
table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I won’t give up, shut up, let up or slow up until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid
up, and spoken up for the cause of Christ.
I am a disciple of Jesus. I must go till He comes, give until I drop, speak out until all know,
and work until He stops me.
And when He returns for His own, He will have no difficulty recognizing me. My banner is
clear: I am a part of the Fellowship of the Unashamed.

No comments: