Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Couscous and Capers

Maybe something is in the water here in Arizona.

Or maybe I've been bitten by the "domestic bug",

but whatever the reason, I've recently developed a deep love for cooking.

Its amazing the variety of fruits, vegetables, and grains the Lord has provided for us to enjoy, and I for one would hate to miss out on all that deliciousness!!


Sitting and enjoying a meal with someone you love is definitely one of the greatest pleasures in life, and tonight I had the privilege of spending some valuable one on one time with my mom in my new apartment.

It was a wonderful time.

We popped open a bottle of wine, lit some candles, and chatted while I prepared a meal for the two of us to enjoy.

And what was on the menu you ask??...

Feta-Chicken Couscous Salad of course!

There's nothing quite like couscous and capers to make your mouth water!

And in case you were wondering, here is the recipe for you to make and enjoy:

Feta-Chicken Couscous Salad

1 serving of cooked whole wheat couscous

1 cup of cooked and diced chicken breast

1/4 cup chopped fresh basil

3 Tbs capers

1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil

1 Tbs lemon juice

2 cups of mixed salad greens

1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese

No comments: