Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Few Thoughts For The Day

I'm reading a new book called "Having a Mary Heart In a Martha World", and although I've only finished the first chapter, I've already been inspired. The book offers much to think and pray about, so here are a few quotes to contemplate on....
  • "Busyness, by itself, breeds distraction"
  • "While the world applauds achievement, God desires companionship. The world clamors "do more! Be all that you can be!" But our Father whispers, "Be still and know that I am God"
  • "We are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. The one thing is not found in doing more. It's found by sitting at His feet"
  • Matthew 11:28-29 ---> (open your Bible to see what it says)

More quotes and thoughts to ponder soon to come....

1 comment:

LaVonne said...

There are so many books I want to read, but I don't want to buy them all. We have over 7,000 books already. The public library is fabulous! I go online and reserve any book I hear about, they send me an email telling me when it is in, and I go to the library and check it out. I immediately wanted to read this book and sure enough the library has it and I am #1 in the que -- so maybe I will have it in a few days. Thanks for the book recommend -- I am a voracious reader. Cheers, LaVonne