Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My New Home


Greetings from my new apartment in Scottsdale AZ!!!!

Phew its been a long couple of days moving and getting settled, but at last I have succeeded in unpacking, organizing, and setting up my new life here in the Valley of the Sun.

My journey began Friday with the long tedious trek to Arizona via car.... talk about boring. Tirzah and I drove alone while following my dad in the moving truck. In order to stay awake and occupied, Tirzah and I bought some books on tape, packed our favorite snacks, and hit the road.

About half way to Arizona I started coming down with the flu.... fever, chills, headache, body aches, and sniffles. Talk about bad timing. But of course I pushed through the pain and arrived in AZ around 11:00pm.

Saturday was pure hell as the flu took over my body. What was supposed to be a fun and exciting day of moving in, quickly turned to misery.

But, praise the Lord I have such a wonderful family. Without even saying a word, my family kicked it into high gear unpacking while I laid on the bathroom floor sick.

To make a long story short, after three days of hard work, I am finally relaxing in my new and quite spacious apartment.... and I couldnt be happier.

Now I know you are all dying to see pictures of my place, and I of course would LOVE to show it off to you, however, I am still working on some last finishing touches, so you'll just have to wait.

But here's a sneak peak to wet your appetite a bit....

Ok ok so its not as much a picture of my apartment as it is a picture of the new home for my shoes. But you have to admit, a shoe closet is a beautiful thing!!

No comments: