Thursday, May 28, 2009

Finding My Way

Well, I'm all settled in and trying to adjust to my new surroundings here in Arizona.
Luckily it hasnt been too hot lately, but I know the summer heat is on its way.
Its strange calling a new city "home", as a matter of fact it feels nothing like home.... well not yet anyway.
I think the only thing keeping me sane in this crazy new world is my amazing sister Bri.
Living down the street from her has been a true blessing.
On the bright side, I'm totally in love with my new apartment. I know I've lived on my own before, but something about this place makes me feel like a grown up... wait I am a grown up.
Whoa thats weird.
Anyway, my apartment is spacious yet cozy and smells of rich hazelnut cream (thanks to my hazelnut cream candle). There are quite a few windows which allows for a plethora of sun light to flood the main living space during the afternoon. I think Tirzah is probably a bigger fan of the sunlight than I am, as she is always sure to find a sunlit patch on the carpet to curl up on and bask in.
There's nothing quite like a warm safe place to come home to at night, and this apartment has definitely become my little haven.
Of course once my new place was set up and settled, I knew it was time to venture out. Learning my way around Scottsdale has had its difficult moments, but thanks to the book of directions my sister wrote and laminated for me, its been surprisingly simple.
There are a TON of shopping centers, parks, and biking trails all within minuets from my place. As a matter of fact, my sister and I enjoyed a pleasant bike ride this morning, and although it was already 85 degrees at 8:00am, it was a refreshing way to start the day.
All in all I'm learning to love this new place I call home.
I'm anxious to see what God has in store for me here, but regardless I'm choosing to trust in the Lord's plan.

No comments: