Saturday, April 18, 2009

ANATOMY ANATOMY ANATOMY


Digestive system... respiratory system... Cardiovascular system... BLAH BLAH BLAH!

The only thoughts running through my head this past week have been those pertaining to the Anatomy of the human body as I prepare to take my third (and second to last) Anatomy midterm. While its true that I love what I'm learning, the stress of it all makes me want to pull out my hair sometimes.

I literally found myself naming the sequential order of the bowel while in the shower this morning...


..."Duodenum, jejunum, ileum, ileocecal valve, cecum, ascending colon, transverse colon, descending colon, sigmoid colon...."

Its a sad day when these are the only thoughts running through my head. Forget whats happening in our world or economy, I have bigger fish to fry, like learning the flow of blood through the heart!

When was the last time I wasn't memorizing body functions and secretions? When did I become one of those students who spends her Saturdays in Open Lab standing in front of a fully dissected cat trying to name all the parts? When did I become so hard on myself that a high B wasn't good enough?

Long gone are the days when being a student was fun and carefree.... its time I roll up my sleeves and dig into nursing!

*SIGH*

Pray for me!

No comments: