Thursday, April 23, 2009

Domestic Diva

As much as I hate to admit it, its true. I'm simply not very domestic. Which is actually quite a surprise seeing that my mom is the ultimate Martha Stewart. Instead of inheriting her cleanliness, organization ability, sewing skills, and baking talents, I inherited my dad's cluttery, unorganized, carefree spirit. While most of the time I enjoy the chaotic mess I call my life, there are times when enough is enough.

I awoke this morning annoyed with my messy kitchen and dusty furniture. My fridge smelled, my carpet was showing sign of defeat, and my toilets needed some major scrubbing. It was time to get down and dirty. Instead of whining and grumbling about the work ahead, as I usually tend to do, I rolled up my sleeves, put on my adorable apron from Anthropologie (might as well look cute while cleaning), and began to channel my inner June Cleaver. Turns out I'm nothing like June.... not even in the slightest But after almost a bottle of Clorox Anywhere, four dirty rags, and some major gaging on my part, the apartment was spotless! Thank the Lord! I'm praying the Lord gives me the discipline and strength to keep it this way. Nothing says clean quite like the smell of lemon furniture polish and the aroma of lit candles filling the air.

*SNIFF*..... *AHHHH*....

I wish I had taken some before pictures of my apartment... well actually on second thought I'm glad I didn't. That could have been embarrassing.

Anyway, here are some pictures to enjoy of my clean and humble abode :-)



No comments: