Monday, March 1, 2010

Alice

I've been on the countdown to the premier of Alice in Wonderland for months now, and the time has finally come!! This Friday the crazy magical world of Wonderland is coming back to life in a more theatrical and fabulous way than ever before. It simply does not get better than Tim Burton when it comes to creating a world of outrageous fantasy that often dangerously borders on creepy and frightening. Burton's sense of darkness juxtaposed with a lighthearted flounce, are the perfect combination for a story such as Alice in Wonderland.
Oh how I wish we could all escape life for but a moment in time and fall down the magical rabbit hole. Wonderland is my ultimate fantasy.... I want to explore it.

And in honor of such an event, I've decided to take it upon myself to explore Alice's world of wonder by reading Lewis Carroll's classic novels, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. I couldn't help myself from buying the book when I laid eyes on this beautiful copy-

No comments: