Thursday, March 18, 2010


I've officially decided I love the band Bon Iver.
I have to be in a certain frame of mind to listen to their songs, but when I feel a sense of inner contemplation coming on, I can't hit the play button fast enough.
I'm not sure I can explain what it is their music does to my soul- but it's as if their melodies have a way of untangling my thoughts and allowing me to think clearly. I can almost breathe it in like I would fresh clean ocean air.
I know what your probably thinking....
"Oh great here comes another video she's going to upload of a band she wants me to hear."
Nope- not today.
Today I'm going to let you make the choice to explore the world of music if you so desire. I encourage you to surf the web, find new artists, get inspired, and learn to tap into the sounds that move your spirit.
What a wonderful God we have to create for us something as beautiful as music. Secular or not- God's fingerprints can be found on every note played.
So listen to a song and simply let it be. Let it exist and linger on without judgement or resistance. Let yourself feel whatever emotion is conjured up. And remember to always listen to what it is you like- not what other people tell you to like. At the end of the day its far better to be yourself than be a fraud.
I've learned this lesson the hard way.

1 comment:

vicki said...

Ok, so I love your blog, Emily. And I'm so glad to get to know you. AND, I like and my 2 kids LOVE Bon Hiver (I think Danny and his girlfriend went to their concert here). And the green pix for St Patty's Day...so great. AND, I so want to find the bookstore you went to. I want to finish my collection of Nancy Drew books (haha). Hugs, vicki