Friday, June 5, 2009

New Home, New Friends

Wow has it already been two full weeks living in Arizona already??
I can hardly believe this born and raised California girl now calls Scottsdale home.
Surprisingly I'm adjusting rather well.
As I've mentioned before, the heat can be difficult, but I seem to be surviving so far.
Last night was my first time attending the young adult group"The Element" at Highlands Church, and although I was a bit nervous going in not knowing anyone, the Lord was truly watching over me as He so graciously brought wonderful friends my way.
I dont think I've laughed so hard as I did last night in a very long time.
I thoroughly enjoyed meeting and making new friends, and cant wait to get to know everyone even better.
I think finding and making new friends in a strange place can be the hardest part of moving sometimes, but as my mom told me last week,
"There's no way the Lord would move you out here to Arizona and leave you stranded. Trust that He has a plan for you."
What a wonderful blessing it is to have a mother who can point me back to the Lord and have enough faith for the both of us when my own begins to lack.
I've kept her words in my heart and mind all week, and as usual, she was right.
The Lord did not forget about me. His plan for me is far beyond what I can see, but I will continue to move forward in faith, trusting that His plan for my new life here in Arizona is far greater than what I can even envision for myself.
Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

1 comment:

Aunt Sharon said...

Yipeee!!! Isn't God great????
I am so excited to watch your new life in Arizona blossom. I love you and miss you like crazy!
Hugs,
Mom