Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Not So New Normal....

Hmm, perhaps my last blog (A New Normal) was written a bit too soon.
Its not to say that I'm not finding my way here in Arizona, because I am.
And its not that I dont love being here, because I do.
And its not that I regret moving, because I dont.
But as I drove home from church tonight and considered the upcoming weekend, I had a bit of a sad revelation....
I have no plans.
I know I know I'm havin a bit of a pity party here.
But considering the fact that I have about as much patience as a 2 year old, I'm not loving the fact that developing a new life in a new city takes time... and lots of it.
Luckily I'm not totally alone.
As a matter of fact, I have a date tomorrow to go to the movies....
A date with my niece Bella, that is, to see Horton Hears A Who.
Had ya goin for a second didnt I??
Nothing brightens up my mood more though than a three year old sitting on my lap munching on popcorn and candy while asking adorable questions such as
"Aunt Emily... is he the bad guy??"
She's just too cute for words.
So maybe I havent quite established my "new normal" just yet, but I have faith the Lord has plans I do not see.
My focus is on Him.

No comments: