Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A New Normal


I awoke this morning to a new and exciting realization I just had to share.....

As my alarm rang, I found myself routinely fumbling for the light before I pulled open the drapes, headed down the hall and into the kitchen to make my morning cup of coffee.

With a fresh cup of coffee in hand, I meandered on over to the couch where I would sit and enjoy my caffeinated goodness before the busyness of the day began.

That's when it hit me.

I'm here.... I'm finally in my new routine.

Arizona actually feels like home.

I no longer wonder when my life will begin to feel normal again... Normal is now!

My weekly schedule is in place, my daily routine is set, and my soul is content.

Can I get a "whoot whoot"??

As life begins to pick up and my schedule begins to fill up, my prayer is that I would remain in balance, never forgetting to sit, be still, and rest in the presence of the Lord.

I pray I would learn to maintain having "a Mary heart in a Martha world".

2 comments:

Bri and John said...

After living here for three years, I definitly see Scottsdale as home- but you can't ever take the "california" out of this girl :-) I know you will always feel the same way- and who knows where God will put us years down the road...but for now, I'm so happy to have you as my neighbor! Double the fun and double the wardrobe! Love you!!!

Aunt Sharon said...

This is an answer to our prayers Sweetie, though we miss you tons here! Have a wonderful day today.
Hugs N' Kisses,
Mom