Friday, July 24, 2009

Frazzled and Exhausted


Its 7:00pm and I'm exhausted. In preparation for watching Atyana for the weekend, I've spend my day cleaning, grocery shopping, cooking, running errands, picking Atyana up from pre-school, entertaining a three year old, scrubbing crayon off the wall, and wiping tears. Not to mention the fact that I haven't bathed, I smell, my hair looks like some sort of rats nest, my legs aren't shaved, and my un-matching sweats haven't been washed is lord knows how long. On the bright side of things, my fridge is finally clean and stocked with fresh food, my apartment smells of rich hazelnut (thanks to my new favorite candle), my carpet is vacuumed, Tirzah's nails have finally been clipped, and I have a glass of red wine in hand. I honestly dont want to think of what lies ahead for tomorrow.... overwhelming thoughts make me cry. So for now, as Atyana sleeps peacefully in the next room, I'm enjoying my dark candle lit apartment in complete peace and quite. No TV, no music, no outside disturbances.... just me, Tirzah, a blanket, and my book all curled up on the couch together.

No comments: