Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Phew finally a moment of peace and quiet alone in my apartment. Its been a long day to say the least. I was gone from 8am to 8pm, and I'm utterly exhausted! Nothing feels better right now than sitting here on my couch in my sweat pants, sports bra, and a T-shirt. Oh yeah, I'm one hot little number right now. In all honestly, I could live in my "comfy clothes". My poor future husband has no idea what he'll be getting himself into... pray for him.
Anyway, I have good news to announce.... *Drum roll please*..... I got a JOB!!!!!
After months of interviewing with various families for a nanny position, I finally found a family with whom I am totally in love with!! Its a match made in heaven, and I couldn't be more thrilled!! It was a long road to finding the perfect family, but I'm so thankful the Lord brought them to me. What an answer to prayer. A special thanks to those of you who kept me in your prayers these past few weeks.

In other news, I'm reading a new book that I'm absolutely crazy about. If you haven't read "The Reason for God: Belief In the Age of Skepticism", I highly encourage you to do so. Although the book can be a bit dry and somewhat wordy at points, it has challenged me and my faith in ways I haven't experienced before. Whether your a seasoned believer, a baby Christian, or a self professed atheist, this book is for you. Through reading it, I've learned that to doubt and wrestle with my beliefs, is not only common but necessary. It would be impossible for me to thoroughly explain the richness of the text in a way that does it justice, but here is a quote that opened for me a new door to my faith....


"Believers should acknowledge and wrestle with doubts - not only their own but their friends' and neighbors' as well. It is no longer sufficient to hold beliefs just because you inherited them. Only if you struggle long and hard with objections to your faith will you be able to provide grounds for your beliefs to skeptics, including yourself, that are plausible rather than ridiculous or offensive."

No comments: