Saturday, July 25, 2009

Saturday Night Nerd

Its a Saturday evening, I'm 21 years old, and what am I doing??? I'm sitting on the couch in my sweat pants and house socks with a baby sleeping in the next room, while I eat my homemade Garlic Gomasio Edamame, blog, and watch my Tivo'ed' episode of Whale Wars. Big Night! I may not be out on the town partying it up, but I truly love my life. I'm actually content staying in and doing nothing. I no longer feel the pressure to always be out and be seen. Been there, done that. Nope, instead I embrace my inner homebody nerd. Its who God made me to be... and its awesome. Besides, my adorable shoe wardrobe and mad cooking skills totally makes up for my extreme nerdiness.
So today was pretty much exhausting. Being "mom" for a weekend is no walk in the park. From sun up to sun rise I was making meals, playing with toys, watching Dora the Explorer (which doesn't rhythm people!!), wiping tears, playing in the pool, scrubbing dirty faces, constantly saying "no", driving from one place to another, lifting children into and out of car seats, and wiping bottoms. I bet you wish you were me. Being a nanny is excellent birth control sometimes. So I think I deserve my night of vegging out on the couch.

MMMMM... Garlic Gomasio Edamame!!

Recipe:

  1. Boil one bag of shelled edamame
  2. Add 1-2 Tbs of Sesame Oil
  3. Add as much "Garlic Gomasio" seasoning as desired.
    ("Garlic Gomasio" - a mixture of sesame seeds, sea salt, and garlic which can be found at any health food store such as Whole Foods.)
  4. Mix ingredients together in a bowl, chill in fridge, and enjoy!

See? I told you I was in sweats and house socks watching Whale Wars.

No comments: