Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Root Canal


For the past few days I've noticed a rather annoying and painful ache in one of my back molars. But despite pain medication and lots of rest, the pain has continued to bother me. Now, a normal person would probably have gone to the dentist asap, but not me. I hate dentists.... with a passion. Pain, needles, drills, uncontrollable drool, and 50 pairs of hands all shoved into my mouth at once, is not my idea of a good time. Not to mention the annoyingly unflattering fluorescent lights all pointed at you so the team of dental workers can see every blemish and imperfection.... great, just what I need! But of course, I had reach my pain limit today. Enough was enough. So I sucked it up and walked into the dental office. After an hour of x-rays and tests, it was determined that the molar, which had previously been filled, now had decay invading the root, which can only me one thing......... a root canal!!! YUCK! My eyes literally filled with tears the moment I heard those words. I even seriously considered living with the pain if it meant getting to forgo the root canal. But of course, with a little convincing by the dentist, I finally relented. Root canal it is. Tomorrow morning at 9:30 I'll be prepping for mouth surgery.... ok so maybe "mouth surgery" is a bit of an exaggeration, but it may as well be as far as I'm concerned. I'm totally nervous, completely scared, and extremely frustrated by the whole situation, so please say a little prayer for me tomorrow as spend 2 hours glued to a dentist chair.

No comments: